It’s All About Resources
Recycling up to 90% of waste disposed at our state of the art facility in Acacia Ridge, BMI Resource Recovery is committed to providing sustainable practices, revolutionary solutions and consistent improvement in recycling, resource re-use and resource recovery.
BMI Resource Recovery currently operates:
- Transfer Stations and Recycling Facilities at Acacia Ridge and Hendra,
- Clean Fill sites at Redbank Plains, Larapinta and Mt Gravatt East,
- Landfill Operations at our Stapylton facility – which operates 7 days a week.
Because many of our customers produce waste which may be re-used or recycled, BMI recognises the importance of providing sustainability through alternative processes, and has a particular focus on recycling as much waste as possible and reducing landfill through improved practices. To this end, waste disposed at our locations is sorted for reuse where possible and mixed waste is processed through a state of the art sorting facility based at Watson Road Resource Recovery. Up to 90% of the waste disposed at that site is able to be recycled or reused.
Waste streams currently accepted at our locations include (but not limited to):
- Construction and demolition waste (general builders rubbish)
- Commercial and industrial waste
- Green waste, timber and stumps
- Concrete, asphalt, rock and soils
- Clean and inert fills
- Foundry sand and slag
- Potential Acid Sulphate Soil (at Redbank Plains)
Waste streams not accepted at our locations include:
- Household putrescible waste
- Biomedical waste